Total number of assets (1)
This browser does not support viewing this file type. Please download the asset to view.
A view of St. John's Tower, Thomas Street, Dublin and surrounding buildings; including a courtyard housing pigs in the foreground.
The tower was the only remains of a church founded by the Crutched Friars (or Crossbearing Friars - Fratres Cruciferi). St John's was part of a priory and hospital of the order founded around 1188 and located outside the New Gate of Dublin's medieval city walls. The tower was taken down in 1800.