This Final report presents the results of archaeological investigations carried out on behalf of Kildare County Council and the National Roads Authority as part of Archaeological Services Contract No. 4 ? Resolution, Prumplestown to Powerstown, prior to the commencement of construction on this section of the N9/N10 Kilcullen to Waterford Scheme: Kilcullen to Powerstown (Figure 1). The work was undertaken by Headland Archaeology (Ireland) Ltd under National Monuments Section Register (NMSR) Number E2582, in the townland of Busherstown, Co. Carlow. The Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government, following consultation with the National Museum of Ireland, directed that Angus Stephenson of Headland Archaeology (Ireland) Ltd should proceed with archaeological resolution (Stephenson, 2007). Archaeological testing carried out under Archaeological Services Contract, Test Excavations Contract 3, Pre?Construction Testing under Ministerial Direction Number A021/024 on this site in July 2005 identified: “the possible remains of a scatter of truncated pits and postholes. These were noted as not forming any coherent pattern and no potential structures could be identified from the remains. The irregular shape and sterile fill of many of the possible pits suggested that they may have been tree root holes” (Gleeson 2005). An area measuring 5,395m² was stripped and many cut features were identified. The vast majority of these were not of archaeological origin, being geomorphological anomalies, tree?root holes, and holes left by the removal of stone and general agricultural field clearance. Several blocks of limestone were noted as erratics in the glacial till. This field lay at the bottom of the hill on which the former Busherstown church stood and on which several prehistoric token cremation pits were found (on sites E2580 and E2581). One Early to Middle Bronze Age cremation pit was also found on this site, measuring 0.30 m in diameter and 0.19 m in depth and was radiocarbon dated to cal (2?) BC 1737?1512 (UB?8049). Two other pits were thought to have been of archaeological origin. The larger of these was 1.45 m long, 0.86 m wide and 0.3 m deep and had a black basal charcoal fill with amorphous fire?reddened clay above that (Plate 1). The other had fire?reddened clay on its base and sides and was of a similar size in plan but with a shallower depth of 0.09 m. A former stream channel that was found close to the western limit of excavation meandered roughly north/south and was 2.1 m in width and 0.22 m in depth. This site was excavated over a two week period beginning the 24th of July 2006. Included in the excavation team where one Director, one supervisor and three site assistants.